We're looking for a Social Interactions Intern !
Perfect for undergrads looking for credit and experience for their portfolio
On-going. Average 5 - 6 hours/ week for 3, 6 or 12 months. ( Flexible)
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Mindful New Mexico is looking for someone who is savvy in social media, a creative thinker and understands that interacting compassionately with others is the foundation of sustainable social action. Your job will be to raise the profile of the business and its signature event the New Mexico Leaders in Mindfulness Conference now going into its fourth year April 2018.
Why would you be interested in this internship?
- You’ll interact with people who are part of a global community and movement where social enterprise, social justice, mindfulness and systems transformation intersect.
- You earn credits to graduate while doing something that you enjoy and connecting to something larger than yourself.
- You’ll expand and develop crucial messaging skills
- Much of the work can be done at home in your bunny slippers.
- Flexibility for number of work hours needed for academic credit hours you are seeking.
Who are You?
- You believe in the value of community.
- You are creative, cooperative and compassionate
- You are highly motivated, can work as a self-starter yet know how to work as a team member.
- You are a creative, strategic thinker who wants to make a difference.
- You dream big
- You ask pertinent questions. You are curious and want to learn.
- You deal with uncertainty with sense of humor.
- You are preferably someone who has a personal mindfulness, yoga or similar practice.
What will you be doing?
Co-creating a movement for collective action rooted in transformative change
In your Own Space
- Assisting in the development of an overall sponsorship campaign for the New Mexico Leaders in Mindfulness Conference
- Developing and managing various email campaigns to get the right emails to the right inboxes at the right times
- Building and managing media profiles and presence of Mindful New Mexico on social media
- Working with world-class professionals who are committed and volunteer for systemic transformation in New Mexico
- Co-creating a communication marketing strategy to promote events around conscious business, mindful leadership and community.
- Participating in event planning committee meetings around conscious business, leadership
- Providing logistics support to conscious business, leadership events
Selected interviews will be conducted as applications arrive.
- Let us know why you're interested in this particular internship and what you would like to learn.
- Write up a possible email to attendees of the 2017 New Mexico Leaders in Mindfulness Conference to get them excited about next year’s conference on April 21, 2018 at Old Town Farm.( Other than the date, there are no particulars about the 2018 Conference yet)
- Provide links to your personal webpage or blog, examples of web pages you designed, logos or graphic designs, marketing strategy proposal, or other materials that demonstrate your writing style, organizational skills and creativity.
- No boring resume (though we will want references later on). Just a brief summary of your experiences that relate to this internship. (marketing, community activism, mindfulness or other practice , social entrepreneurship and/or other) .
Contact Person: Sidni Lamb email@example.com