We are celebrating the 5th Annual
New Mexico Leaders in Mindfulness Conference
Friday April 19th and Saturday April 20, 2019
The New Mexico Leaders in Mindfulness Conference is a yearly event that brings together the mindful "curious", mindfulness practitioners and leaders from our state for a day of discussion, laughter, learning and reflection.
Taking place in the heart of springtime and on Earth Day weekend the conference serves as a celebration of new beginnings and fresh ideas in the Land of Enchantment. New Mexico is well known as an epicenter of mindfulness, spirituality and contemplation. The annual Leaders in Mindfulness Conference aims to energize and mobilize the state’s mindful movement in meaningful ways.
The spirit of activism is also a tradition of our citizens. The idea for this conference was born out of the recognition that making the world a better place requires the conscious awareness that most personal challenges reflect the systemic contexts we live in and co-create. When we recognize this connection, possibilities for individual and larger scale transformation are endless.
MINDFULNESS, EQUITY, AND SOCIAL JUSTICE
Be Like the Ocean: On Healing, Peacemaking and Empowering Justice through Mindfulness and Compassion
RHONDA V. MAGEE
As a Catalyst at the 2019 New Mexico Leaders in Mindfulness Conference, Rhonda will draw links between mindfulness and the personal justice of caring for ourselves, the interpersonal justice of making amends and collective justice of transforming our suffering into the energy for transformative change.
Rhonda V. Magee is more than just a mindfulness leader. She is a true Catalyst for transformation, effectively connecting contemplation with the needs of today’s troubled world. As a proponent of practical mindfulness, Rhonda inspires the community with her passion and her unique ability to put mindfulness in a new, vital light.
Click on the links below for a preview of some of the work of this Mindful Leader, Advocate, Educator, Change Maker and Storyteller
Toward Just Healthcare for All : Revolutionary Reflections on Mindfulness, Social Justice and Integrative Medicine
Mindfulness, Diversity and Social Justice
Friday, April 19 - 6pm to 8:30pm
An Evening with Rhonda Magee - FOR PEOPLE OF COLOR
Co-hosted with the Yoga & Meditation for People of Color. Rhonda Magee will open the conference with a gathering for self-identified people of color only. Evening will include meditation, conversation, and a community dinner.
By RSVP Only - click here
Saturday, April 20 8am to 7:30pm
Location: Noah’s Event Space, 4591 Vista Fuente Rd. NW 87114
Whole Day Agenda
( For Full Breakout Descriptions, Click Here)
8:15-9 a.m. – REGISTRATION ( Registration continues throughout the day)
QiGong with Mother Earth ( Bobbye Middendorf)
9:00-9:30 a.m. – WELCOME Sidni Lamb, Founder of Conference and Mindful New Mexico
BLESSING & MINDFUL CONNECTION Running Medicine
9:30-10:10 a.m. – Opening Keynote: Rhonda Magee
"Be Like the Ocean": On Healing, Peacemaking and Empowering Justice through Mindfulness and Compassion
10:30 - 12:00 pm FOCUSED TOPIC SESSIONS
- Collective Mindfulness Healing Circle ( Rhonda Magee)
- Mindful Money: Aligning Your Money with Your Values ( Genevieve & Paul Mitchell)
- Facing Reality: Turning Oppression into Opportunity ( Heather Garcia & Michelle Soto)
- Wisdom Healing Qigong for Health and Vitality ( Master Mingtong Gu)
12:00-1:15 pm – LUNCH Bring your Own or Purchase for $10 On site Catered by a Jemez Pueblo-based family business Sun & Fire Vegetarian Food and More
1:15 – 1:30 pm– Community Reconnect – Running Medicine
1:45 - 3:00 pm FOCUSED TOPIC SESSIONS
- Through the Door : Quantum Change and Transformation (Winged Women)
- A Sharing Circle for People of Color Practicing Mindfulness, Yoga, Meditation in Community (Farah Nousheen and Raquel Madrigal
- Love and Movement: the Foundation for Wellness (Running Medicine)
- Wisdom Healing Qigong for Activists, Professionals and Leaders ( Master Mingtong Gu)
3:15 – 4:45 pm FOCUSED TOPIC SESSIONS
- Mindfulness and Transforming Education (Rhonda Magee)
- Living with Intention: Building Alliances Across Differences ( Maia Duerr)
- Yoga for People of Color Space (Yoga & Meditation for People of Color)
- Embodying Peace and Justice ( Samia Assed, Jiva Shanti Manske, Monique Salhab)
4:55 – 5:30 pm CLOSING (Rhonda Magee & Maia Duerr)
5:30 – 7:30 pm – EVENING SOCIAL, MUSIC, CELEBRATION ( Food, Jazz Singer Patty Stephens , Storytelling, Games and Fun. Sponsored by Bosque Center for Spiritual Living)
Who is this conference for?
This a gathering for New Mexicans of all cultures, sectors, age groups, and geographic areas. From meditation teachers to business people, tribal members, high school students and their teachers, improv actors to nurses and artists, our yearly gathering connects New Mexican people, programs and projects who are interested in mindfulness as a bridge for community building.
Be part of a groundbreaking event that will tap into the power of mindfulness in making a true difference in New Mexico
What to Expect
- A diverse group of participants representing the many faces of mindfulness in New Mexico.
- Catalysts and Change Agents from New Mexico and beyond
- Facilitated, mindful approaches to small group discussions/workshops
- Mindfulness- based activities throughout the day.
- Opportunities for mindful connections
- Music, storytelling, art-making
This is an active, dynamic event that brings together people from the community who do more than simply speak; they inspire action, they bring practical solutions
and help the audience listen in new ways.
The majority of catalysts, presenters participants have always been New Mexican natives or residents. The gathering spotlights the mindfulness community resources we have right here in our state. They are New Mexican change makers who, in their vision for a better world ,bring mindfulness to many different groups: children, seniors, business leaders, employees, HIV patients, educators, students , inmates, attorneys , and others
Karen Waconda Lewis ( mindfulness in action)